There are many ways that a business or homeowner can enhance the look of a room. Walls can be painted, and décor can be changed. While these changes can be effective, another fantastic way of enhancing a room is to purchase a mat.
If you’re like most parents, ensuring that your child grows intellectually throughout the youth process is important to you. To put the intellectual expansion process in motion, it’s a good idea to have a plethora of tips and tricks you can employ to make sure that your child’s mind keeps growing and growing. Here are two brain-building strategies you can start deploying right now:
We all like to receive gift from others. To make that happen, we should also be social and present them gifts on relevant occasion. When it comes to the matter of selection of gits for an occasion, we can often get confused and indecisive. There are different kinds of event which are sometimes formal and sometimes informal and we have to find a suitable gift for every occasion. This is not only a tedious task but we also have ti consider the fact that the gift pleases the person who receives it. In such a case, we all wish that there can be some gift that has a universal appeal and can be gifted to anyone at anytime and still it si able to please the receiver. In such a case, bobbleheads toys would be one of the best options for you. Let us know more about how they are as gift items in this article.
My blogger friend Helga recently started posting her 10 Happy Things every Friday. It’s kind of like Things I Love Thursday, which I used to post regularly, but I like Helga’s version a bit better because it is specifically 10 things. I like challenges that force you to practice gratitude.
This week’s list:
1. Unexpected money coming through. Just when the brokeness was getting to be too much, the husband and I both got paid early. There is really nothing like money coming through right when you really need it.
2. Radical Self Love July. Gala Darling’s #RadicalSelfLoveJuly Instagram Challenge offers a new prompt each day this month, encouraging reflection, self-care and creativity. I also just ordered her book, Radical Self Love: A Guide to Loving Yourself and Living Your Dream. (Genius marketing scheme, it’s only available for 30 days, so order now!)
3. Our local library’s Summer Reading Program. Donny and I both loved the program when we were kids and I was so excited to get Sebastian signed up. He is learning to read and it feels like such a significant milestone. I cannot contain my joy when he sounds out a new word on his own.
4. “Tomorrow.” Sebastian is currently obsessed with the song from Annie, singing it and watching videos of other kids singing it. I think it’s the first song he has really appreciated on an emotional level — He makes the sweetest face whenever we listen to it.
5. Water play. CLIMATE CHANGE IS REAL. We are amidst the longest heat-streak anyone here in Portland can remember. Although it is prohibitively hot to do much else, it is perfect weather for playing in water. We have a kiddie pool and a water play table set up on our back patio. Zeke is a riot, running & jumping & purposely slipping into the water, and then running around the apartment complex happy and naked. There is also a Children’s Fountain just a few blocks away. I often feel self-conscious/guilty about raising two kids in an apartment instead of in a house with a big fenced backyard. We do pretty well for our restrictions though.
6. #LoveWins. Marriage rights for all.
7. Getting a bit of cleaning in today. Even with air conditioning* it has been too hot to do any real extensive cleaning but today I spent 45 minutes or so working at it. The apartment is far from what I would consider “clean” but it is enough that I don’t feel completely overwhelmed every second I spend inside.
* AC should really be it’s own Happy Thing. My heart really goes out to everyone who doesn’t have air conditioning this week, especially those with little ones. ♥
8. My new phone. I finally replaced the phone that stopped working months ago. I almost didn’t add this to my list, as it’s kind of an embarrassing poor people problem, but I’m working on more authenticity in my blogging/social media presence. A lot of people take things like replacing a smart phone for granted. I finally just had to make it a priority rather than thinking of it as a luxury.
9. Meal Planning. I try to avoid writing too much about goals. Just writing them down can feel like an accomplishment in itself and cause you to slack off on actually working towards them! But I am really excited to get back on track with family meal prep, which has been slacking. Summer is my favorite season for food, with lighter fare and colorful farmers market produce. I’m going to avoid gluten during July (or longer, depending on how I feel) and get my diet back to as clean as possible. (Please leave your favorite paleo & plant-based recipes in the comments!)
10. Working on my demons. Not comfortable elaborating too much but really hoping I can take care of some exhausting issues and start focusing all of that energy elsewhere, finally.